Who Am I, Really? Who Are You, Really? Resources and Thoughts on Personal and Spiritual Growth. Some Rules to Live By. Some Inspirational Quotes.

Quote of the Day

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting to an Exceptional Life

     I want to share with you some thoughts I'm having this morning.  My life in the last few weeks has really become joyous, and I asked myself: What am I doing differently to create these wonderful days?  I suspect the following has a direct causal influence on the difference I am experiencing. 
     The first activity that I have incorporated into my daily activities is: Exercise.  I get a good start to each day by my morning walk.
     The next thing I do, almost from the moment I awake, and throughout the day is Giving Thanks: I thank God, Allah, Source, The Universe, Universal Mother, by whatever name fits for you, for all that I have, and appreciate all the people, material goods, Nature's bounty, and abundance that I now am Blessed to have. 
     The third, and probably the first I put into practice was a good healthy diet:  I eliminated meat and dairy products from my diet; not for religious purposes, purely for the harmful effects they produce in my body.  I also started eating mostly live foods, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, grains.  (and I bless them both before and during meals)
      Another change was: The associations that I allow to be a part of my life: no longer am I willing to associate with Negative people or influences such as Most News Organizations, so I seldom watch the news, no longer spend 1 - 1/2 hours reading the NY Times daily.  Those I do associate with are those both virtual online, and in real life who are positive about life and living.  Those who are inspirational: Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, James Ray, John Assaraf, and many others too numerous to mention.
     When my TV blew up, I realized that almost all of the time I was devoting to it was not adding anything really to my life's purpose; just a way of wasting those precious moments one by one.  I now use the new tv to watch inspirational or educational videos that are so much more valuable.  Did not bother to re-subscribe to the cable tv.  
     A result of all this is that now I constantly look for ways to contribute to others.  I became a giver.  (Let me share with you it is one heck of a lot more fun than being a taker, always looking out for "What's In It For Me").
     So, what's in my future?  At least one book, authored and published.  I'll be a motivational speaker, I am a darn good coach and continue to develop my coaching skills.  Women have re-appeared in my life, and that really is fun - been a long time absent in that area.  Or as some say in Texas YEEEEEEEE   HAAAAAAAAA.
     Oh, one activity that I know from past personal experience is most helpful is Meditation.  I shall be incorporating that into my life also.
     Isn't this life a wondrous journey?  (Even those parts that while going through them seemed to be the most horrible)

No comments: