Who Am I, Really? Who Are You, Really? Resources and Thoughts on Personal and Spiritual Growth. Some Rules to Live By. Some Inspirational Quotes.

Quote of the Day

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Accepting Responsibility

     "I am where I am today-mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially-because of decisions I have made. My decisions have always been governed by my thinking. Therefore, I am where I am today-mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially-because of how I think. Today I will begin the process of changing where I am-mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially-by changing the way I think.

     My thoughts will be constructive, never destructive. My mind will live in the solutions of the future. It will not dwell in the problems of the past. I will seek the association of those who are working and striving to bring about positive changes in the world. I will never seek comfort by associating with those who have decided to be comfortable.

     When faced with the opportunity to make a decision, I will make one. I understand that God did not put in me the ability to always make right decisions. He did, however, put in me the ability to make a decision and then make it right. The rise and fall of my emotional tide will not deter me from my course. When I make a decision, I will stand behind it. My energy will go into making the decision. I will waste none on second thoughts. My life will not be an apology. It will be a statement.

     The buck stops here. I control my thoughts. I control my emotions."

 - Andy Andrews, from "The Travelers Gift, Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success"
 

No comments: